May 2018 Academy Release Notes
New courses and improved versions of the previous releases are now available on the Academy!
The new courses address both technical and non-technical topics concerning the roles in an RPA Center of Excellence.
- The Solution Architect module covers the role-specific responsibilities by overviewing the UiPath Product Architecture and detailing the prerequisites of RPA integration and deployment in an Enterprise environment. The training comprises not only the general RPA Development Best Practices, but also specific code review methodology recommendations and reusable component manipulation strategies. Trainees can also learn how to make good use of both the initial and the enhanced version of the Robotic Enterprise Framework, conduct feasibility studies and process optimizations, estimate the development effort, and design the overall RPA solution. The module is structured in two parts - the first part contains six lessons, and the second one, three lessons. It contains quizzes, practical exercises, and a final test.
- The Infrastructure training contains a detailed breakdown of the Orchestrator Architecture and presents the functionality of each component in the UiPath ecosystem. The course includes several Orchestrator deployment options, the main functionalities of the platform, as well as administration, configuration and troubleshooting methods. It also provides the definition and usage of Elasticsearch and Kibana, a presentation of the editable web.config parameters, information related to security, Orchestrator installation and update guidelines, robot setup, database maintenance best practices, and, finally, hardware and networking aspects. There are ten lessons concluded by tests, as well as a final test that contains some of the previous questions and additional ones. A subscription is required to the enrollment in this course.
- The RPA Awareness module is centered on RPA fundamentals: the definition of RPA, the way in which companies are exploring this technology, and the benefits that can be attained using it. The lessons also include guidelines on selecting the appropriate processes for automation, and strategies for successful RPA implementations. The course comprises general information about UiPath as a company and an overview of the UiPath RPA solution as well. The course contains four lessons.
- The Implementation Methodology training covers the implementation methodology designed by UiPath based on hands-on experience and feedback collected from key customers that can be adapted to various contexts. The course contains guidelines on how to increase the control over your RPA initiative. The target audience is the Core RPA project team within customer or partner organizations, as the course addresses all the stages of an RPA Journey following a POC or Pilot. The goal is for trainees to gain a clear understanding of the RPA industry and benefits and grasp the limits and constraints of automation.The course contains five lessons and a final quiz.
- The Business Analyst training details the role of a Business Analyst in the end-to-end process of an RPA implementation and the way of successfully meeting business requirements through the adoption of an RPA solution. The course includes directions on how to break down a large project into smaller processes and determine their complexity and RPA suitability, how to calculate the business benefits of automated processes, and how to compile comprehensive process-related documentation to ensure the developed RPA solution is in accordance with the business requisites. The approach to UAT and change management are also included, to ensure complete knowledge in business analysis. The course contains seven lessons and is concluded by a test that contains questions based on all the lessons.
We have also updated and improved two of the previous trainings: RPA Developer Foundation and Orchestrator.
Based on the feedback received from our users, we have modified the structure of the training materials to ensure a better content consistency. All the tutorials have been split in topic-based microlearning videos, to increase the quality of the learning experience. Each of the previous tutorials has now turned into a chapter that comprises several lessons.
The practical exercises have been re-evaluated and updated accordingly, by decreasing their number and keeping only the ones that provide relevant experience for the trainees.
Upon the review of all the quiz questions, some of them have been removed and new ones have been added, to achieve a better match with the intended learning path.
A new demo about the capabilities of the UiPath product has been added.
We are also launching a new certification platform!
The ACME Certification platform enables all the users among our partners and customers to create an account and schedule their exams themselves! Moreover, all the training prerequisites are now considered to be strong recommendations, so everyone can enrol in the RPA Developer Advanced Certification Program. We have also included new theoretical and practical exercises based on user feedback. The platform will show the exam results and the acquired certificate for each individual user.