Automate Citrix. Data Entry Application
This sample automates an application via Citrix or Remote Desktop.
Steps to automate
- Open the expenseit application on another computer. You should be connected via Remote Desktop.
- Start Recorder -> Step By Step and "record" the following actions
- Click Image ["Create Expense Report"]
- Click Image ["Add Expense"]
- Click Image ["(Expense Type)"] in order to position the cursor on the new entry line
- Repeat following actions: Send Hotkey ["Ctrl+A"] for selecting the text, Type the desired value, Type Tab for moving to the next cell
- For scraping the total value we add a Scrape Screen activity
- Click Image ["OK] and Click Image ["OK] to exit the edit mode.
- We add a string activity for parsing the result text (remove "Total Expenses ($)):" text.
Related Citrix video tutorials
Introduction to Image Automation. Citrix and Virtual Desktops
- Introduction. Data entry. Click Relative to an Image
Create an automation workflow that allows you to type text into an application and clicks a button. This application is running in a virtual desktop.
- Retrieve Data Using Clipboard
How to capture data from a Citrix machine in a spreadsheet format. The captured data later can be used to be passed on to another application. The automation will show you how to copy the contents by sending a click and keyboard commands to the Citrix App.
- Retrieve Data Using OCR
How to get data from a Citrix apps in an image format by creating a workflow that would convert images into text.
- Click Relative to a Text
Instead of using an image, we can scrape text as our reference point. This technique makes our Citrix automation much more reliable and flexible.