Automate Data Extraction from Desktop Application
- To be able to run this example you need to install UiPath.Excel.Activities. See more details on how to install packages here.
This sample shows how to automate data extraction from a desktop application using UiPath native screen scraping engine.
Steps to automate
- Open the application.
- Navigate to the expenses table.
- Automatically extract data from the expenses table.
- Write extracted data in a CSV file.
- Open Expenselt using "Open Application" activity.
- After clicking "Create Expense Report" use "Screen Scraping" activity to extract the text.
- Use "Build DataTable " activity and then use a "While" activity to locate the word "Amount" in the extracted data text by "Screen Scraping".
- Insert all the automatically extracted data text found between the labels "Amount" and "Total Expenses ($):".
- The last thing you need to do is to write it in CSV file using "Write CSV" activity.