How to collect crash dumps
This post explains how to collect memory dumps when you are experiencing crashes with UiPath product. In rare situation when you encounter a crash, you can help us to improve UiPath product by collecting information about the error and send it to us at via the ticketing platform. Memory dumps are a great forensic tool because they contains a snapshot of an application and the call stack.
Memory dumps comes in two flavors: full and mini. Full dumps contains more information so you should always try to collect full dumps if possible; they are bigger in size though.
First you have to identify the process that crashed. Usually a dialog box will appear on the screen providing information about the nature of the crash and the application involved (you can send us these info too). A UiPath process could crash, like UiStudio.exe, UiExplorer.exe, UiLauncher.exe or the target application you want to automate may crash.
How to enable crash dumps:
- Download EnableFullDump.reg or EnableMinDump.reg file.
- Double click it and select 'Yes'. Administrator rights are needed to access the registry settings.
- The dump folder is %TEMP% which expands to something like C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Temp
- When applications crash you will find .DMP memory dumps file in the temp folder (files like: UiExplorer.exe.7396.dmp)
- Read more about registry settings to automatically save dump on crashes: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb787181(v=vs.85).aspx
How to disable crash dumps:
- Download DisableDump.reg file.
- Double click it and select 'Yes'. Administrator rights are needed to change the registry settings.