How to Enable SAP GUI Scripting
SAP GUI Scripting is required in order to enable UI elements recognition capabilities in SAP automation.
Here are the steps for enabling it:
1. Server Side
- Login to your SAP server.
- Run transaction RZ11. Specify the parameter name sapgui/user_scripting and click Display. If "Parameter name is unknown" appears in the status bar, this indicates that you are missing the current support package. Check your installed packages. Change the value of sapgui/user_scripting to TRUE.
- Click Save.
2. Client Side
- Open SAP GUI Options
- Go to Accessibility & Scripting/Scripting
- Enable scripting : checked
- Notify when a script attaches to SAP GUI: unchecked
3. Verify with the SAP Administrator that S_SCR authorization is granted for all required users.