Web Scraping.Extract Competitor's Price List
- To be able to run this example you need to install UiPath.Excel.Activities. See more details on how to install packages here.
This sample extracts competitor's price list regularly and stay ahead of the competition. Let's say you are a Phillips dealer and you want to regularly check the LCD monitors prices that your competition is providing.
Steps to automate
- Open the browser.
- Extract from the web site all the lcd's names, the url, and the price for each one.
- Write all these information in a CSV/Excel file.
- Open the web page using Open Browser activity.
- Use "Web Scraping" activity to extract name, url and price for each product.
- Concatenate site name with the url of each product to have in price column, the complete url.
- Write all the information from the data table in a CSV or an Excel file using "Write CSV File"/"Write Cell Range" activity.
Watch The Video Tutorial