The following whitepaper from PwC starts with the premise that "62% of Finance Leaders either agree or strongly agree that advancement of process automation will impact their business in the next 12 to 24 months." In this regard, you can find out the benefits of implementing a robotic process automation solution, if your business is well positioned to adapt to the chancing environment, what the automation software market looks like, and how software robotics differs from traditional ERP based automation.
According to PwC, RPA "software robots reduce the cost of delivery and reduce error rates by automating rule based, high volume activities. This has been the 'mantra' for the past 15 years in support of outsourcing/offshoring - the difference now is faster implementation, even lower costs, without the onshore/offshore debate. All of which make it a compelling proposition." Some of the expected benefits of software robotics include:
- Rapid deployment, usually within 12-18 weeks depending on the complexity of the process
- Non-invasiveness since RPA will interact with your systems just like an employee would
- Deployment on your architecture, meaning there is no impact to your underlying IT infrastructure
- High scalability based on demand
- 24/7 availability and no need to take breaks, unlike a human employee
- Reduced costs compared to an offshore FTE
- Increased quality due to a reduction in human error
Find out about the finance processes that are typically appropriate for automation and read more about automating the on-boarding process from the featured case study.