This whitepaper by Accenture covers some of the most important questions to consider when implementing robotic process automation (RPA) in Financial Services. You'll find information about the use of RPA in the back office, how the software robots can be trained and monitored, the costs involved, the advantages of using RPA, and the types of processes that are suitable for automation.
You can find the answers to the following questions:
- What does RPA mean in the context of back office administrative process automation?
- What are the advantages of robotically orchestrating existing applications through the user interface?
- Is robotic automation like screen scraping or macros?
- How easy is it to train and manage the robots activity?
- Does robotic automation compete with BPMS? How are they different?
- How are process changes controlled and monitored?
- How much does robotic automation cost?
- How do identify and select the right processes for RPA?
- What type of processes are suitable for this style of automation?
- What hardware infrastructure do I need to run RPA?
- What types of processes are suitable for this style of automation?
- How does RPA fit with my existing enterprise architecture?
- Does RPA require a specialist development environment?
- How long does a robotic automation project take?
- Will I need to modify my existing systems?
With these questions answered, you will be more knowledgeable about the details of RPA, the implementation process, and the resulting benefits, and will be able to more confidently approach deployment of RPA within your own organization.