Automate Data Entry in a Desktop Application
- To be able to run this example you need to install UiPath.Excel.Activities. See more details on how to install packages here.
This data entry automation sample inputs data from a CSV file into a desktop application.
Steps to automate
- Read the CSV file.
- Open the Expense IT application.
- Navigate to the add expenses window.
- Automate data entry from the CSV file into the application.
- Read the document using "Read CSV" activity.
- Open Expenselt Standalone with "Open Application" activity.
- Insert the Email, Employee Number and then click Create Expense Report.
- Use "Attach Window" activity to get attached to the new window.
- Use "For Each Row" activity to insert each line from the data table into the application.
- Before and then in the interior of "For Each" loop add a "Click" activity that triggers "Add Expense" button.
Automating data entry from CSV to desktop application should work with one click.