Publish UiPath Studio Inside Citrix Environment
- The purpose of this tutorial is to demonstrate the automation of Citrix appplications inside Citrix.
- Have a Citrix working environment.
- UiPath Studio is available in Citrix environment and can be published inside Citrix.
- In this tutorial we’ll assume that the application we want to automate is Notepad.
- Install guides, tutorials for Citrix environment:
- Citrix products documentation:
- Manage permissions:
3. Publish the applications in Citrix environment (by Citrix admin)
- Publish UiPath Studio
- Publish Notepad
How to publish applications:
4. Record using UiPath Studio (by Citrix user)
- Start UiPath Studio published in Citrix environment
- Start a new workflow by selecting “New Recording sequence”
- Click on “Record App”
- Browse and select Notepad application executable
"this is a test"2
- Automate the application in the desired way (in this example the text “this is a test” is sent to Notepad)
- Next, you can run the workflow as on a regular desktop.
Warning: automated application MUST be launched from UiPath workflow in order to ensure it is running in the same environment
5. Publish a workflow (optional, by Citrix user)
- In UiPath Studio click on “Create Shortcut”
- Check the option “Add shortcut to startup menu” and click “Create”
- Publish the shortcut to Citrix (see Publish the applications in Citrix environment)
- Now you can run the workflow directly from Citrix