Web Site Content Monitoring
- To be able to run this example you need to install UiPath.Excel.Activities. See more details on how to install packages here.
This sample monitors this website, extract all the events and save them in a CSV file. When new events are found it will send a notification email.
- All the activities are running in background. In order to do this we set the Headlessproperty of the Browser to true.
- Everything runs inside an error handling (Try-Catch) activity. If errors are received during the workflow execution a notification will be sent by email.
- Before running the workflow click arguments tab and set the the fields emailFrom, emailTo with your email data.
- Set your email password inside the "Send Email" activities...
... otherwise validation errors will be received.
Steps to automate
- Extract data from Splunk web site using the Web Scraping Wizard into a datatable.
- Load old data from the CSV file into another datatable.
- Compare the datatables.
- If there are new results email them and append them to CSV, otherwise send an email.