The start of a new year is all about fresh starts and new opportunities. If you've resolved to give robotic process automation a try in 2015, here's a little primer of blog posts to help you understand what this RPA thing is all about.
Basics of RPA
- What's the Difference Between Robots and Macros? - Macros have been around for a long time as a form of automation, but RPA is so much more than that.
- What is the Presentation Layer, Anyway? - Technically speaking, it's a layer of computer code. For RPA, it's the key to revolutionizing they way we automate processes.
- RPA as a Solution to Your Legacy Needs - Lots of organizations are using RPA to bridge the gap between outdated legacy systems and current needs with great results.
- Hidden Benefits of RPA: Key Analytics - RPA is extremely useful in reporting all sorts of data and providing analytics. You can use these key analytics to make business processes even faster and more effective.
- Hidden Benefits of RPA: Scalability - RPA robots can be deployed by the thousands to handle a spike in activity, then scaled back to hundreds when the rush is over.
Big Picture Ideas
- The Impact of RPA on Outsourcing - RPA has really rocked the outsourcing world, and in many ways, it's contributed to a distinct shift in the way business process outsourcing providers operate.
- Automation in the Cloud - As more and more business processes head to the Cloud, the "as-a-Service" model gains popularity (and RPA fits right in).
- RPA, Big Data, and the Internet of Things: More than Hype - Yes, they're buzzwords, but they'll also shape the future of automation when taken as a whole.
- The Oncoming Storm of Regulation - So what will happen in the future if a robot commits a white-collar crime? Who's responsible? The time to consider these questions is now.
- Will RPA Really Take Jobs? - The big question on everyone's mind. According to a recent Pew research study, opinions are split between optimism and pessimism when it comes to our automated future.
- The Best Looking RPA Interface Around - UiPath features a well-designed interface that allows you to program your robots from a flowchart instead of a screen of computer code.
- The Possibilities of Web Automation - Sorting through the alphabet soup of API, SOAP, REST, etc. and how UiPath works with all kinds of web design.
- The Solution to Data Migration Troubles - If you've got to move some data, UiPath is the way to go.
- Screen Scraping that Works for You - UiPath's screen scraping software is dead accurate and built right into the program.
- Handling Errors: Can You Trust a Robot? - When you send a robot into the ether, how will it handle problems? UiPath is designed to handle application and business exceptions so that no transaction goes awry.
We want to hear from YOU in 2015 - contact UiPath today!