Build Custom Activities Easier Using the Latest UiPath Extension for Visual Studio
With hundreds of programming languages in general—and a few dozen in the mainstream—developers can't have it all. We are well aware of this and we are constantly looking for better ways to help ease this experience with our products. Why not make it easier?
At UiPath, we believe in putting simplicity to work. That’s why we have built a new, intuitive extension for Visual Studio called Activity Creator.
Using Activity Creator, developers can build custom activities that work faster in UiPath Studio while essential code is generated for them. Now, there's no need in spending extra time on learning new technology because C# skills are the only prerequisite for using the Activity Creator.
To get started, you will need Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 (Community/Professional/Enterprise) and UiPath Studio. Next, watch the following demo to discover the basic principles of using Activity Creator.
1. Activity Creator extension is entirely wizard based. Following a simple step-by-step process, you can get the code required for an activity package. At the same time, you’ll be able to preserve the high production quality available in a UiPath-built activity.
2. You can create both activities and scopes. In just a few clicks, you can customize everything by creating properties of any type (including those imported from third-party libraries), add validation errors, add custom categories to the properties pane, you name it.
3. The activity designs are also generated for you automatically. This significantly improves user experience and provides more attractive activities out of the box.
4. It helps you thoroughly document the whole activity building process. The output code is ready for localization, so you don’t need to go the extra mile before sending it to the translators.
5. The extension is built into Visual Studio, the C# developer's home. Upcoming versions will provide the possibility to generate API clients and thus flatten the learning curve on activity creation.
The list can go on and on, so we strongly recommend using it. You can find Activity Creator available on the UiPath Connect Marketplace and check out our new guide on How to Create Activities.
Give it a try and let us know your thoughts on it by leaving a review.