This Use Restrictions Policy (“Policy”) lists unacceptable actions from Customers when using software developed or licensed by UiPath (“UiPath Platform”). An actual or attempted breach of this Policy, which UiPath believes results in credible risk of harm to UiPath or its products and services, its Customers, or any third parties, may lead to the removal of Customer’s Account and legal action against the Customer, if necessary. Capitalized terms used below but not defined in this policy have the meaning set forth in the applicable licensing agreement for the UiPath Platform (“Agreement”). UiPath reserves the right to update this Policy at any time without prior written notice to Customer.
Use Restrictions. Customer is not permitted, nor will it allow a third party (including its Authorized Users) to:
- use the UiPath Platform (i) in breach of the Agreement, (ii) other than as described in the Licensing Models, (iii) for benchmarking, comparison, or to acquire or learn any technical specifications about the UiPath Platform, whether directly or indirectly, with the purpose of gaining, for itself or for a third-party, a competitive technological or business advantage (iv) to infringe the rights of UiPath and any other party, (v) to violate any laws, contribute to or encourage infringing or otherwise unlawful conduct, access, tamper with or use non-public areas of UiPath systems or other UiPath users; (vi) for any purposes prohibited by US, EU or other national or international law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons or any other similar use, such as aviation, navigation or communication systems, life support systems and equipment; or in special risk areas that require error-free, permanent supervision or operation of relevant systems and in which the failure of the UiPath Platform may result in a direct risk for life, body, health or in substantial damages to property or the environment, (vii) unless otherwise expressly provided in the Agreement, to operate in a service bureau, managed service or commercial hosting services environment;
- alter, adapt, merge, modify, translate, decompile, develop versions or derivative works, reverse engineer, upgrade, improve or extend, features or functionalities of the UiPath Platform or otherwise derive source code from UiPath Platform, except to the extent Customer may be expressly permitted to decompile under applicable law, if it is essential to do so, in order to achieve interoperability of the UiPath Platform with another software program, provided that Customer has first requested UiPath to provide the information necessary to achieve such interoperability with at least ninety (90) days advance written notice and UiPath has not made such information available;
- remove or modify any proprietary markings included in the UiPath Platform;
- re-sell, sub-license, assign, transfer, rent, lease, lend or otherwise distribute any license or rights acquired under the Agreement;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any service, account, computer systems or networks;
- break or circumvent authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of the systems or networks;
- try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing or use the UiPath Platform to distribute malware, impersonate or misrepresent affiliation with any person or entity;
- mishandle or keep passwords and/or other login information unsecured.
It is the Customer's responsibility to monitor and control all activity conducted through its Account in connection with the UiPath Platform. Customer must promptly notify UiPath at email@example.com if it becomes aware of or reasonably suspect any illegal or unauthorized activity or a security breach involving its accounts, including any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of a username, password, or account.