Activities, Variables and Data Types
This is the UiPath introductory training. In this tutorial you will get to know the basics of automation and working with UiPath Studio – your number one tool in automating business processes.
Having some elementary knowledge of programming concepts like variables, if/else decisions, and loops would be helpful. However, you should also be fine if this is your first time hearing about these notions, as we explain everything as we go in this video.
What you'll learn about:
- The UiPath Studio interface
- Activities panel - contains all the actions we need to automate different applications - like clicking and typing - and other data-processing actions
- Workflow Designer - this is where you build your automation project
- Properties panel - where you can change different parameters and settings of the selected activity
- Differences between Flowcharts and Sequences
- Types of variables, their scope and how they are used in a workflow
- Common activities and actions
To be sure you understand all of this, a simple example of a workflow that passes a value through a variable is created, and you are encouraged to replicate it.